Teaching in ASL, SPED or have other 508 compliances to accommodate?
*Adding Closed Caption to our videos(MP4s) is a solid Approach*
Steps and visuals for success are below:
- In the browser of choice, navigate to https://www.youtube.com/upload
- If not navigating via the direct URL above, navigate to https://www.youtube.com and click the "Upload" button
- Select the MP4 from "File Explorer" or "Finder"
- Drag the MP4 to the "Drop Zone"
- Drop the MP4 to upload
*Simply Click the Upload Button centered in the middle*
*Double-Click on the MP4 of Choice to Upload*
- Detect the progress fo the upload and the "Time Remaining"
- Update the "Title" to satisfaction
- Add a "Description" if interested
- Adjust the "Privacy Settings" using the drop-down
*Click "Done" when Ready to Add Closed Captioning*
*Next, click on "Video Manager"*
- Locate the recently uploaded MP4
- Use the Drop-down to expand our video options
- Choose "Subtitles/CC" to begin transcribing
*Choose the Language of Choice(English Preferred)*
*Available options for Transcribing*
- Upload a transcript
- Transcribe and auto-sync
- Create new subtitles or CC
*Transcribe and auto-sync*
- Click Play to start the MP4 and timings
- Type while the video plays to apply closed captioning
- Click "Set Timings" when done
*Wait Patiently for "Settings Timings" to Settle*
*To Finalize, Click on the Language and Timings Drafted*
- Play the video and confirm accuracy of our transcript. Updating where nececessary
- "Save Changes" to "Publish"
*Notice that our English Transcript is now Published*
*Click on "Info & Settings to locate the "Video URL"*
*Paste the URL in a new tab to Confirm that our CC is Available*
*Click "Subtitles/Closed Caption" to Enable for Enjoyment*
*Here is where the road comes to an end unless we have our own screen recorder*
- If a free or paid screen recorder is available; record the Youtube video while CC is enabled to set Closed Caption as the standard (Contact Support for Assistance)
*Video w/ Closed Captioning Coming Soon*