Have you ever had a Canvas assignment that did not have the possible points detected?
Here's how to solve just that.
1. Click into the course you are interested in checking on.
2. Once you have your modules or assignments open, click on the assignment you want to check on
3. Click on the title of the assignment to open it
4. Look at the possible points. If the points are detected (you see the proper points value in the points section shown below), you are ready to save/publish (Skip steps 5+6+7 as you are done)
5.If points are not detected, click "Edit"
6. Then scroll to the bottom of this page
7. Click "Save & Publish" or click "Save" if it is already published
Using this method, you can ensure your assignments detect their proper possible points values.