To create a quiz in Canvas; follow the instructions and visuals below:
- Open the course and access the "Quizzes" tab:
- From the "Quizzes" tab; click on "+ Quiz" in the upper-right hand corner:
Configuring the options and settings for the quiz from the "Details" tab:
- Provide a title for the Quiz
- Include any instructions for the Quiz
- Choose the "Quiz Type," "Assignment Group," and other settings of interest. Most importantly, provide a "Due" date!
- *Keep the "Save and Publish" button in mind once complete to provide access to the students*
- *Switch over to the "Questions" tab to create questions for the quizzes*
- Click "New Question" to begin creating questions
To create and finalize questions, we must:
- Provide an abbreviation for the question to populate/store questions in the "Question Bank." This allows us to "Find Questions" for later use within the same course
- Choose the type of question using the drop-down
- Assign the number of possible points
- Compile the question literally and visually
- Add the possible answers
- To finalize each question; we must "Update Question."
*Our final step is to add this quiz to the module of our choice using the "+" button for that module* Contact support for assistance if necessary executing this final step!